Monday 9 March 2009

...thought about broadband

Aight...so lets start with what i'm doing now. I've pretty much startled everyone I've told that i'd be spending all my time in the library when it's lights out for everyone else at their homes. My reason for being in the library through the night? I'd have said 'studies' if my parents were blog readers..but they too wouldnt buy that crap anyway. So yeah...I've really got nothing to do...and I decided to be here and suck on the amazing download speeds the university provides us with. Oddly enough, the internet is really down the shitter tonight...lol...Pretty much makes my little hike from home pointless.
Okay, I've shifted from the library to the old and faithful Armstrong Siddeley lab, and the internet is considerably faster. Not that I was unhappy with the 1200kb/s download speeds I get here, but this was the first time the library was open 24 hours and they had been advertising this everywhere, so I guess I just wanted to see what the big deal was. Turns out it was undeserved hype and nothing like I was anticipating.

Anyhow, last week I finally installed Gran Turismo 2 on my lappie. I do truly owe it to this wonderful internet - I had to download 4 different setups before I finally found one that actually worked. The graphics are definitely a disappointment though. I remember playing this game like there was no tomorrow, and until 3 days ago I could have sworn that the graphics were atleast 10 times better than this. It really is dreadful to the point that I have to make educated guesses at recognising even the most distinct looking cars. The gameplay, and driving physics on the other hand are as good as they get. Sure, there's no damage effects but that just allows you to gain some unfair advantage IF you want to. It really is amazing how they've modelled several hundred cars, and have accurate information and physics for every one of them. Plus, the attention to detail and technical data provided during tune-ups and modifications is not only amazing but educating as well. I know here's where I started learning basic sportscar technicalities.

Lastly, I extend my gratitude to Baba-e-Torrent for unselfishly seeding Initial D at 400kbps. :D

more next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment